With Ferret, you can view multiple auto-refreshing streams at one time and rearrange your streams using drag and drop. The following stream types are available:
- Conversation stream
- Global stream
- Hashtag stream
- My posts
- My stream
- My starred posts
- User stream
You can set the refresh rate for each stream type in your preferences. The minimum refresh rate is every 10 seconds. The maximum is every 180 seconds. Also in your preferences, you can set whether columns are sorted ascending or descending by post date/time.
Other features of Ferret are:
- Post, reply, repost, repost with comments and star/unstar posts.
- Follow/unfollow and mute/unmute users, and view a comprehensive user profile for any App.net user.
- Choose to view photos attached to posts inline with the post.
- Detailed post view with the ability to view location, photo, video and/or rich content annotations.
- View conversations using two different views ... either chronologically or in a hierarchical threaded view.
- Search for posts by username or hashtag.
- Your column configuration is automatically saved when you exit the app, and loaded when you start the app.
- Exclude posts by keyword.
- Full support for multiple accounts. You can add multiple accounts and then switch between them using the settings menu.
How to get it:
Get an App.net account
Visit Join.app.net and sign up for an account. The cost is as little as $3 per month, and you'll get 10 GB of storage space to start.
If you would like to start with a free account, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will send you an invitation. The free account starts with 500 MB of storage space. For complete details regarding the free App.net tier, please see this blog article.
Install Ferret from the Windows StoreFerret is available for purchase in the Windows Store. There is a 7 day free trial. After the trial period ends, if you want to continue to use it, the one-time cost is $4.99. Click the link above to view it in the store, or search for "Ferret". It is listed in the Social category.
View the release notes to see the changes and known issues in the most recent release.
Some of the enhancements that will be added in future builds are listed on the Roadmap page.